Volunteer as a Group
We provide opportunities to invest in neighborhoods and create healthy communities that we all want to share. Contact us today to learn how you can give back to local communities.
Call us at 480.774.0237 about your interest or click here to contact us via email.
Build a Ramp (Project Giveback) –
Program Cost: Volunteers raise the $1,000 needed to cover the cost of a ramp.
Volunteer Commitment: 6-8 volunteers for 3-5 hours.
Description: Volunteers will build a wooden ramp for a low-income homeowner who can no longer safely get in or out of their home. Rebuilding Together provides a skilled leader, the tools and materials to follow a standard design.
Make A Difference Day Service Project
Program Cost: Team registration fee is $500. Your team members can help cover the project cost by holding a fundraiser, or creating a personal fundraising project page here.
Volunteer Commitment: 15-25 volunteers for 5-6 hours.
Description: Volunteers help a low-income homeowner by performing yardwork, making light critical repairs, or painting the exterior of the home. RTVOS will identify the project and supply project materials and paint. Teams manage their own project and are responsible for completing prep work and supplying their own tools and equipment.
- Make A Difference Team Application will be available for 2017 soon.
Repair a home on National Rebuilding Day
Program Cost: $5,000 and includes a project scope that is customized to the skill level of the volunteers.
Volunteer Commitment: 25-30 volunteers for 6-7 hours.
Description: Volunteers will do demolition, lay floors, erect fences, install doors, landscape and complete light repairs with a skilled leader. Larger repairs are completed by skilled contractors.
National Rebuilding Day is held the last Saturday in April each year.
Improve lives, Transform a Community!
Volunteer as a Group – Project: Give Back
Rebuilding Together Valley of the Sun can create and manage any special project event to meet the focus area, number of volunteers and budget of an organization.
Rebuilding Together provides all the skilled leadership, project management, supplies and materials. Teams can enjoy their day of service with minimal planning.
Examples of Transformative Community Projects and budget ideas. Each project is scoped and budgeted based on the desire of the volunteer organization.
- $6,000 and 30 volunteers can make significant difference such as providing new kitchen, shelving, repairs to a transitional home for domestic abuse survivors.
- $10,000 and 100 volunteers can paint 20 homes in a manufactured home community.
- $25,000 and 175 volunteers can build a garden for a non-profit group or park.
- $50,000 and 200-250 volunteers can provide improvements inside and outside the building of a program for developmentally disabled adults, allowing the organization to focus on providing services.
- $100,000 and 500 volunteers can help create transitional housing for homeless veterans.